Thursday, October 9, 2008

People often ask how did you get into taking floral photographs, well it was a strange journey and I am pretty sure the starting point was a girl named Helen or she is better known as 'geisha'. When I arrived in Malaysia I felt pretty isolated, the kids were settled into school and Rob was at work with a ready made set of friends. I needed some contact with Australia and it came in the way of a magazine that I had subscribed to, Notebook. Through the forums, which was a life saver at the time, I meet Helen, and she showed us some amazing photographs with her little point and shoot camera .... from there it all just fell into place. I bought myself a newer flashier point and shoot, and because I hated going outside in this oppressive tropical heat the flowers came to me in the way of our local floral warehouse ... the rest they say ... is history. I have many floral images available for sale on Redbubble, a fantastic artist community. SO HERE IS MY LINK TO REDBUBBLE

No comments: